Asia and Pacific DepartmentResponsible Officer: Philip Odida
Roles and Objectives:
- To Promote economic cooperation between Uganda and the countries in the Asia and Pacific Region with a view to promoting:
- Inward foreign direct investiments
- Technology transfer
- To promote political, social, cultural and technical cooperation with the countries in Asia and Pacific Region.
- The mobilization of bilateral and multilateral resources from the Asia and Pacific Region for development in line with national development objectives.
- To provide policy advice to the Ministry's decision makers on matters pertaining to Uganda's relationship with the countries of the Asia and Pacific Region.
|Minister Counselor||Philip Odida||Head of Department||Room 4.23|
|Counselor||Princess Irene Ndagire||Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, South Korea, Singapore||Room 4.22|
|Counselor||China, New Zealand, P.N.G||Room 4.00|
|First Secretary||Jacqueline Wabyona||Bangladesh, India, D.P.R.K, Sri Lanka, Vietnam||Room 4.22|
|Third Secretary||Richard Biribonwoha Akugizibwe||Australia, Indonesia, Thailand, Pakistan||Room 4.21|
|Secretary||Zaina Nabirye||Department Secretary||Room 4.24|
H.E. Peter West, United Kingdom High Commissioner to Uganda Presented his Credentials to H.E. Yoweri Museveni, President of the Republic of Uganda on 12th December 2016 at State House Entebbe.
© 2017 Ministry of Foreign Affairs