Department of Internal Audit
Roles and Objectives:
1. Review, Appraise and Report on extent to which government Assets and Interests are Accounted for and safeguarded within the Ministry and identify Internal Control weaknesses and make suggestions for their elimination.
2. Review, Appraise and Report on Soundness, Adequacy and Application of Internal Controls to realize Value for Money.
3. Undertake special investigation on Financial and Operational anomalies within thje Ministry and Uganda¡¯s¡¯ Mission abroad
4. Responsible for the identification and evaluation of organizational risk areas and oversee the development of the strategies to manage those risks
5. Internal Audit Unit is responsible in ensuring that all systems controls, regulations and procedures are adequate and effective. The Unit is Headed by the Senior Internal Auditor